Midnight Message

June 29, 2009 | 12 Comments

To relieve her pain and nausea, the doctors yesterday re-inserted Ashli’s nasogastric tube. Although this was not unexpected given the usual downs of recovery from such traumatic surgery, the procedure is not a pleasant experience. By midnight, however, she felt well enough to sign you the following message:

Comments

12 Responses to “Midnight Message”

June 29th, 2009 @ 10:01 am

That Ashli, what a champ. And she looks good even with a nasogastric tube! So glad it helped– I can’t wait to see the video of Ashli leaving the hospital for home.

2. Melissa
    June 29th, 2009 @ 3:22 pm

God bless you sweetie!! I had my son, Casey, watch it too. He is hearing impaired and knows sign. At first, he saw the little thought bubbles and was like “oh, words!” (he’s reading more and more). Then, I said “What is she saying?” And he watched every sign and said “you….pray….ok….I love you…..good-bye” :) We’re saying a prayer for you right now!!! OXOXOX

3. Melissa
    June 29th, 2009 @ 3:29 pm

You should have heard Casey praying for you! It was so sweet! Sometimes, we can’t understand what he’s saying when his speech is garbled, but I know God understands and hears his heart for you! I told him that you had an “ouchie” and that you were in the hospital getting better. Usually, he doesn’t make up his own prayers aside from the same prayer he recites in the morning/bedtime and at meals. He prayed all by himself in his own words. The only words I could understand were your name, ouchie, and get better. :)

Kids are so precious!! I pray that your kids are getting through this!! We pray for them too!! There are lots of prayers rising up to heaven for you!!

4. Chris Arsenault
    June 29th, 2009 @ 4:54 pm

You got it Ashli!

5. Rosemary A.
    June 29th, 2009 @ 11:28 pm

I’m praying and have asked others to pray, too. People who have never seen this blog (or your sweet face) are praying for you. Prayers are going up for your kids, too.
    Rosemary in Missouri

6. Jeff H.
    June 30th, 2009 @ 4:44 am

Dawn Eden requested prayers for you, Ashli, quite some time ago. I had my middle school students include you in our morning intentions before school let out.

It’s great to see you doing so well. Best/blessings to you and your whole family.

7. Carla
    June 30th, 2009 @ 7:10 am

Love you! Praying for you!

8. Julie Shockley
    June 30th, 2009 @ 7:21 am

Have been and still am praying for you, Ashli – requested a prayer chain from some friends, too – people are praying for you all over the world. Hang in there, my dear friend!

9. Alexa
    June 30th, 2009 @ 8:17 am

Hi Ashli, hang in there, okay? We’re all praying for you.

I have to agree with Lily- you look good even with the tube!

10. Rachael C.
    July 17th, 2009 @ 10:09 am

Oh you poor thing! “unpleasant” is a misdemeanor and understatement for how awful getting a nasogastric tube put in is, I’ve been there a done that with an oral-gastric tube and it was no picnic! But anyways, it sounds like your docs were doing what they needed to do to ensure your health and speed along your recovery. What a trooper! You’re in my thoughts.

11. Интересные квесты
    September 14th, 2009 @ 8:34 am

Спасибо. было очень интересно.

12. Покер бесплатно скачать
    October 5th, 2009 @ 2:19 pm

Спасибо. было познавательно.

Switch to our mobile site