Please Pray for Ashli

May 7, 2009 | 26 Comments

My precious friend Ashli McCall, author of Beyond Morning Sickness: Battling Hyperemesis Gravidarum and a new children’s book, Mama Has Hyperemesis Gravidarum (But Only for A While) — has helped bring the gift of life to countless women and their families.   In the process, she brought me to Christ.

She is now facing a medical crisis of her own and needs your prayers.

Please pray hard, and often, for this kind, selfless woman and her family.

Comments

26 Responses to “Please Pray for Ashli”

1. Dean
    May 7th, 2009 @ 9:44 am

of course

2. SteveG
    May 7th, 2009 @ 9:49 am

Will pray.

May 7th, 2009 @ 10:25 am

Oh, no! Of course I’ll pray.

4. Helen
    May 7th, 2009 @ 10:44 am

Will do.

5. PansyMoss
    May 7th, 2009 @ 10:53 am

Done!

6. Maria
    May 7th, 2009 @ 11:51 am

Of course!

7. Carla
    May 7th, 2009 @ 1:40 pm

Praying right now.

8. Melissa
    May 7th, 2009 @ 2:42 pm

Me too. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

9. Melissa
    May 7th, 2009 @ 2:45 pm

So her children’s book is out now? I see it on Amazon from your link. I know you were asking people to donate a book to a Mom who needs it (and I told you I would). Let me know about that.

10. Christine the Soccer Mom
    May 7th, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

I will certainly pray for her. She’s one of the first people I ever found who had HG (like me). I’m so sorry she’s ill! She will go right to my intentions list for Mass, too, so I remember her there, as well.

11. Elizabeth Esther
    May 7th, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

Will add her to my daily intentions, esp. for peace and comfort during this time.

12. TJ
    May 8th, 2009 @ 4:11 am

What’s the use of prayers guys? Countless folks have prayed and still die. They have prayed but all they got was one big silence. Instead, it will be more productive if you gusy get off your asses and go and help her in what ever ways you guys can. Sheesh.

13. JoAnna
    May 8th, 2009 @ 8:31 am

Praying!

TJ,

It’s not either/or, it’s both/and.

Why not give prayer a try and see the benefits for yourself?

14. Ashli
    May 8th, 2009 @ 11:04 am

I am desperate for your prayers. Please don’t forget me and my little ones who need me.

Thank you, TRA for posting about my situation.

15. Margaret Catherine
    May 8th, 2009 @ 11:19 am

Prayers here. Ashli – please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

May 8th, 2009 @ 11:26 am

There isn’t the slightest chance that we will forget you or your family, Ashli–

~Careworn

17. Chris Arsenault
    May 8th, 2009 @ 11:59 am

Ashli – lifting you and your family up in prayer to the Great Physician who loves you, comforts and protects you. May our Lord Jesus Christ comfort you at this time.

18. Katie
    May 8th, 2009 @ 2:16 pm

Praying for your friend!

19. Pikemann Urge
    May 9th, 2009 @ 5:14 am

Probably not a good time to bring this up, but… “pray hard”? So intensity of prayer matters now? Not sincerity?

20. Carla
    May 9th, 2009 @ 11:15 am

Praying hard for someone to me means that whenever God brings her to mind I pray in all sincerity.

21. T Rose
    May 11th, 2009 @ 10:47 am

I don’t pray because I believe that if there is an all-knowing, all-powerful God with a divine plan, it would be blasphemous of me to ask Him to change His will. God knows about Ashli’s travail. Ashli and all who know her should be spending their time NOT praying and, rather, doing all they can to ease any pain she is experiencing and finding ways to cure her through medical knowledge. If I knew her, that’s what I’d be doing for her instead of wasting my time blaspheming God’s divinity by asking him to do favors for people I’ve judged as “special” and “worthy”. (Let’s leave the judging up to Him.) Remember, two hands working together accomplish more than a million hands clasped in prayer.

May 11th, 2009 @ 11:26 am

Well, T. Rose, I can’t argue with that– except that the Lord himself taught as to pray for what we want and what we need and promised us that God listens to us and cares about us. Under those circumstances I would say that if I had to make a choice, I would take two hands praying over a million hands working together. Fortunately, I don’t have to make a choice, since God allows us the infinite privilege of praying and working together with him.

23. The Bible
    May 11th, 2009 @ 3:08 pm

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8(NKJV)

24. BenYachov(Jim Scott 4th)
    May 29th, 2009 @ 3:50 pm

>it would be blasphemous of me to ask Him to change His will.

I reply: Unless He from all Eternity Wills Conditionally that he Will do something but only if asked. Thus logically it can’t be blasphemous to pray to help this woman.

I will pray.

25. Julie Shockley
    June 12th, 2009 @ 10:09 am

I am also praying – late, but here now by the grace of God, I have learned of Ashli’s need.

26. Ibod Catooga
    September 15th, 2009 @ 12:58 pm

Have you boned her?

If not, you should. She’s very bonable.