It’s the Children!

March 31, 2009 | 27 Comments

“Pro-lifers only care about babies before they are born.”   The accusation is false, but for a change today I’ll focus on a threat facing some of the most vulnerable among the post-born. Specifically, those kids whose safety may depend on social workers at child welfare agencies.

The threat in this case is a particular social worker with a Delaware agency: Vice President Joe Biden’s cokehead daughter. She was caught on video a few weeks ago snorting cocaine with dollar bills, cursing and complaining that the lines weren’t long enough.

However we may disagree about abortion, we can find common ground in the proposition that born children shouldn’t be cared for by drug addicts. Indeed, an oft-repeated pro-choice argument is that children are better off dead than entrusted to such individuals. So let’s hope that CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC are vigilant in exposing Biden’s daughter as a danger to America’s kids. The scandal is certainly at least as relevant the marijuana-related arrest of Sarah Palin — no, Sarah Palin’s daughter — no, Sarah Palin’s daughter’s boyfriend — no, Sarah Palin’s daughter’s boyfriend’s mother — which occurred after Palin lost the election.  In contrast, Biden is the sitting Vice President!

And while they’re at it, the press should vigorously pursue the following questions:

Does Biden’s daughter come to work high on cocaine?

Does Biden’s daughter sell cocaine to the children she counsels?

Does President Obama sell Biden’s daughter the cocaine?

(Obama has never indicated when he stopped doing “blow,” as he calls it, so there’s no guarantee that he did. We do know that he is addicted to cigarettes, and that he lied about quitting that habit. And since we’ve never gotten the name of his drug dealer, for all we know he dealt it himself).

Is TARP money used for any of the dollar bills that Biden’s daughter rolls to snort coke with?

Perhaps New York Times reporter Jody Kantor should lead this important investigation. During the presidential campaign, she sent Facebook e-mails to the teenaged friends of Cindy McCain’s 16 year old daughter to “get a sense” of what Cindy was like as a mother. Biden’s daughter is fully 27, with a mother-like responsibilty for children herself. We need to know what kind of a social worker she is.

It’s the children!

Comments

27 Responses to “It’s the Children!”

1. Joanne
    March 31st, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

Joe Biden’s cokehead daughter? We’re the good guys, remember, Christian and prolife? imo we should unfailingly take the high road, regardless of who/what the subject matter is, and whatever great points we might be making otherwise.

2. Richard Norris
    March 31st, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

Wow. Just wow. I agree that anyone using drugs should not be involved in the care of children, and I honestly hope that if she is guilty of drug abuse that she gets the book thrown at her. But the unrestrained hate that you are throwing at an uninvolved man is absolutely appalling. You have completely jumped the shark on this one, and I am now offically done on here. As you feel more of this unrelenting hatred consume you, I hope you remember what I wrote in your conversion post. Welcome to the only Hell that exists, the one that we create for ourselves.

3. Pikemann Urge
    March 31st, 2009 @ 2:41 pm

If VP Biden deals with it maturely and honestly, kudos for him. If he tries to dodge it then what’s the difference between him and any other ratbag politician?

BTW TRT do you really think Obama would deal drugs? I only ask because if he did get caught he’d be in bigger shit than GW Bush feared in his wildest nightmares. Not necessarily fair but that’s the reality.

March 31st, 2009 @ 3:11 pm

My understanding is that he admitted not only to using drugs but to rooming with a drug dealer in college in his memoir which I have not read. What we know for sure is– he did drugs, his college records are sealed and he travelled to the mideast– financed how? He didn’t have a job and his family was not flush with cash. It is pretty easy to see where all the suspicion comes from.

Having said that, I think the reference to the Obamessiah is out of line. I am not sure that it is fair to spread the claim that Biden’s daughter has actually been caught on tape doing coke, since few have seen the tape and it has not been established that it is really she. If it is, then I completely agree that she is not an appropriate person to be in charge of chidren.

5. Helen
    March 31st, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

RT—1 Corinthians 13, my brother. You need to come from a place of love, for Biden, his daughter, and Obama as well as the child you are concerned about.
    I get angry, too, brother. And when I am, I can speak sharply myself. Coming from a place of love when I am angry is something I am working on too. Sometimes it means I sit silently for a long time, or even throughout the discussion, but, oh well….
    Peace be with you.

6. Marcia
    March 31st, 2009 @ 4:32 pm

I agree with Helen. ;-)

7. JoAnna
    March 31st, 2009 @ 7:10 pm

I agree with Lily (and Helen, too).

8. Margaret Catherine
    March 31st, 2009 @ 8:11 pm

Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers (and sisters) dwell together in unity…?

9. EclecticGuru
    March 31st, 2009 @ 8:47 pm

This isn’t really an attack on Joe Biden’s daughter but rather is another “the left-wing press is unfair” hypocrisy-search. I honestly don’t think RT has much hatred in his heart for cocaine-addicts. Quite the contrary. It’s the unfair press that he hates, and I can sort of sympathize with it.

I was pretty upset at the press for not digger deeper into the con-job that was sold to the american people to sell the invasion of Iraq.

If RT thinks the press is being biased, then its his responsibility as an American to speak up. Fourth Estate and all that. I wish more people had spoken up prior to the invasion of Iraq.

10. Disgustipated
    April 1st, 2009 @ 12:49 am

This has got to be a tongue-in-cheek post. There’s no way you could write this and be serious. Obama selling coke to Biden’s daughter? Hilarious!

11. Matthew in Fairfax
    April 1st, 2009 @ 5:38 am

EclecticGuru and Disgustipated have this figured out right. (Amazing.) The notion of a “coke-head” being so inept at scoring drugs locally that she needs them delivered from her connection at the White House is our cue to start laughing. And if that didn’t get you going, the TARP money reference should have.

RT’s target is the main stream media, and the criticism richly deserved. The overwhelmingly negative slant on all things Palin – during the campaign and continuing – is one example. The comparative free ride given to the Obama campaign has been acknowledged (too late) by some news outlets, but improvements have been spotty. Etc. (I’m not too harsh on the media for the lead up to the Gulf War. Even if they published all the pre-war intelligence – every piece of it in existence – would any of us changed our minds about the necessity of an invasion? Would any of us recognize that the defectors weren’t very reliable, or that a rectangle in a satellite photo was no threat to us, despite expert testimony to the contrary? And did anyone in power really care if we had changed our minds?)

Anyway, as of this writing news coverage of the allegations against Ashley Biden is fairly sparse, as it should be considering how little evidence there is to work with. RT’s point is that if Ms. Biden were a Republican, or related to a Republican, or the relative of someone who was in a relationship with a Republican, media coverage would have been vastly different than the wait-and-see approach. Don’t decide newsworthiness solely on party affiliation is the message.

April 1st, 2009 @ 7:23 am

We all got it, Matthew, I think and, yes, it was amusing. But I think we all agree that it comes too close to spreading rumors, or “detraction” as us Catholics like to put it.. There are too many real examples of left-wing hypocrisy to point to. Using Biden’s daughter at this early stage (it simply hasn’t been estalished that she is on the tape) doesn’t strike me as fair, even though the deranged liberal “blogosphere” and the so-called mainstream press has never let a little thing like fairness influence them. That cannot justify us doing likewise.

13. Helen
    April 1st, 2009 @ 10:27 am

I have to admit, I did not realize it was an April Fool’s joke. Sorry R.T. I guess I am not the sharpest tack in this box.

14. Marcia
    April 1st, 2009 @ 10:27 am

What Helen said.

15. Beelzebub
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 4:52 am

Except that the post is dated Mar 31.

16. Helen
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 12:21 pm

BB, maybe he can’t schedule a post like you one can on blogger.
    I’m not stupid, but I have been known to be too trusting, especially on April Fool’s Day.
    I guess we will see.

17. frustrated (mk)
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 1:06 pm

Helen,

You know I love you, but what the heck was that first sentence supposed to mean???

18. Helen
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 3:16 pm

http://www.blogger.com hosts blogs. Click on my name and you will see mine. I can write a post today and schedule it appear whenever I want. I wrote a post about Beethoven for his birthday on a group blog (http://fottsp.blogspot.com/search?q=Beethoven) months ahead of time, and it just appeared on the date I scheduled it for, having that date and time stamped on it and everything. I am saying that RT might not have had time to write his post on April 1, so he wrote it on March 31, but there was no way for him to schedule it to appear only later so that it would have an April 1 date.
    And if you do by any chance look at my Beethoven post, you should be aware that it is just a joke, and not a serious tribute or anything.
    My blogs are goofy.

19. frustrated (mk)
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 7:42 pm

Ahhhh…yes, Helen, I can do the same thing on my blog. It was the extra word “one” that threw me…lol. Gotcha now.

20. Joanne
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 7:52 pm

Hi, RT:

If you used the word, “cokehead,” for satirical purposes only, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions and ascribing bad motivations to you.

Take care -

21. Helen
    April 2nd, 2009 @ 9:01 pm

frustrated mk- that was because I thought I had deleted the word “you”. That seemed to make it sound like BB has a blog. He might, but I don’t know that. Visit mine if you get a chance. I would love to visit yours, but you don’t leave a link.

22. frustrated (mk)
    April 3rd, 2009 @ 5:24 am

Helen,

When I hit your link it took me to a page that required I create an account…How do I get to your blog, specifically?

I used to use my link in the sign in, but it kept treating me like spam, and wouldn’t let me post…

My link is 2secondsfaster.com I’d LOVE you to drop by.
    We’re very prolife, very Catholic, very political and very small…lol.

23. Angela Quattrano
    April 12th, 2009 @ 1:04 pm

“Pro-lifers only care about babies before they are born.”

I agree that this is untrue. The fact is that they don’t even care about the life and health of the potential person before term. Why else would they refuse to support the woman’s pregnancy by providing her the nutrition and medical support necessary to maximize the probability for a successful outcome?

Anti-abortion activists care about born babies only if the mother can be convinced to give her baby to an agency that will sell it to the “right” family.

24. Matthew in Fairfax
    April 12th, 2009 @ 8:56 pm

Angela,

It was candidate Barack Obama who described pregnancy as a punishment during the presidential race last year.

And he was attempting to promote abortion rights while he was at it, not attack the rights.

About that crack about anti-abortionists wanting to sell babies to the “right” families — I have no idea what prompted you to write and publish that. What is so ironic about the accusation is that the sentiment is reminiscent of this infamous quote, that only certain families are the “right” families for having more children:

The statistics indicate at any rate a surprisingly low rate of intelligence among the classes in which large families and uncontrolled procreation predominate. Those of the lowest grade in intelligence are born of unskilled laborers (with the highest birth rate in the community); the next high among the skilled laborers, and so on to the families of professional people…

That quote was by Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood. And she too was promoting abortion as means of getting the “wrong” families to stop procreating, leading “ultimately to a cleaner race” as she put it. Her views amply deserve the pejorative label “pro-abortion”.

Clean up your own house.

As for your contention that pro-lifers oppose financial assistance to poor pregnant women, that’s a gross generalization of conservative vs. liberal viewpoints, not pro-life vs. pro-choice views. So whatever you were trying to say has gotten muddled.

25. Jimmy Jacketville
    April 30th, 2009 @ 3:34 am

I don’t know about you, but I need to be pretty coked up to deal with kids. They’re so loud, so obnoxious and over the top with their antics. A few lines of blow and I’m ready to handle the little brats.

And I don’t know about you, but she didn’t do them IN FRONT of kids, you morons, she did it at a party. What people do at parties should be their own business. Why is coke so demonized? Hell, Freud did coke like a fiend and he’s worshipped by most first year psyc. students.

Anyway, I thought this blog was about atheism. The most atheistic video I have seen would have to be “the trikey” by trike on youtube. A band creates a dance move and has the audacity to suggest the angels are dancing the trikey, and goes so far as to sing “hallelujah, blessed be the trikey”. I’m an atheist, but it’s pretty freakin’ blasphemous.

26. Laura
    June 26th, 2009 @ 12:55 am

Hahaha, sadly people take you too literally. Obama selling drugs to her.. hillarious

27. Melan
    October 19th, 2009 @ 4:31 am

Уважаемые, а можно оставлять комментарии дейтвительно по теме, а не разную глупость типа Плюс 1 и т.д.