Just In

August 24, 2006 | 17 Comments

Justin Fuller died at 6:18 p.m. CDT. Last words (collected from various sources):

“I would like to tell my family thank you for your support and my friends,” he said. “And let everyone know that you must stay strong for each other. Take care of yourselves.”

“That’s it.”

As the lethal drugs began to take effect, he looked at his parents watching through a window and said, “I love you.”

The parents and a sister of his victim watched through an adjacent window, but he did not acknowledge them.

“It was too easy. Compared to what my son went through, it was really too easy,” Donald Whittington Jr., the father of the victim, told the Associated Press Thursday after the execution. “He showed no remorse in court, and he showed no remorse being injected.”

Comments

17 Responses to “Just In”

1. Godthorn
    August 24th, 2006 @ 11:54 pm

“After the first death there is no other.”

He did better than I would have guessed. He did not acknowledge his victim’s family. They had refused to communicate with him. Was he spurning them, or was he not honoring their expressed wish.

Score one more for a vengeful god.

2. hagiograph
    August 25th, 2006 @ 9:20 am

Might I ask what possible import his final actions have? Whether he was a prick or had some profound wisdom to share, he was no better than a rabid dog. Society certainly has a right to eliminate such threats. And the thoughts of a rabid dog mean little anyway. So I repeat, what possible importance is it to even bother recording what this miserable piece of crap has to say or do about anything?

I am really hoping that if you continue just posting “final words and actions” of the condemned you will balance it out with “final words and actions” of the victims. Please, in the interest of fairness.

Why not find the transcript of the high school teacher who secretly recorded her last conversation with the young gang-banger who ultimately killed her?

3. JP
    August 25th, 2006 @ 4:08 pm

Damn, I wish I would have been there with popcorn. I would have also put my nipples up against the glass as a sign of solidarity to such a fine young man.

Boo fucking hoo….. *sniff*

4. Oz
    August 25th, 2006 @ 7:20 pm

Can I just remind you that this guy valued human life at about $300? True, he may not be the first guy on the Death Penalty Poster Child list, but neither shoud he be the top of your list for sympathy. He certainly doesn’t merit two posts pondering the significance of his trite musings.

5. Coatsy
    August 26th, 2006 @ 3:01 am

hagiograph, let me ask you just one question: suppose for a second you were one of society’s ‘rabid dogs’. How would you feel about being ‘eliminated’ by society? Do you value human life at anything?

6. rock god
    August 26th, 2006 @ 10:03 am

Coasty,

Your question to hagiograph is stupid. The rabid dog’s feelings are unimportant. It is diseased and dangerous and needs to be put down or locked up to prevent it from hurting others.

Btw, what do you value human life at? How many innocent people does someone need to kill before you think they should be eliminated? 1 or 2? 50 million?

7. Coatsy
    August 28th, 2006 @ 4:10 am

rock god, you’ve got it in one. You say the rabid dog needs to be put down OR LOCKED UP. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t incarcerating someone indefinitely ensure they cannot reoffend?

8. HappyNat
    August 28th, 2006 @ 7:37 am

“Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t incarcerating someone indefinitely ensure they cannot reoffend?”

So does killing them . . . six of one, half dozen of the other.

9. Thorngod
    August 28th, 2006 @ 8:38 am

10. hagiograph
    August 28th, 2006 @ 9:02 am

Coatsy,
    Were I one of society’s “rabid dogs” I’m sure I’d be just as petulant and childish as the numerous rabid dogs when I was captured.

Doesn’t mean anyone should “care” about what I think or do.

-h

11. Drusilla
    August 28th, 2006 @ 9:12 am

“Six apples to six oranges–different costs, different prices, different efects on the beneficiaries.”

And too often effects that don’t apparent for some time, effects that make the world in which we live a much uglier place. Violence so easily escalates, breeds more violence, births an increasingly violent society.

Thorngod –

Would you please explain: Score one more for a vengeful god.

Fuller was killed by people. They may claim to be doing God’s will but one can claim anything. The truth is in their actions and their actions are far from Godly.

12. Thorngod
    August 28th, 2006 @ 10:47 am

Drusilla, would you please explain “Godly.” The one you claim may be a peachy fellow, but for every (imaginary) good inflicted on us by our gods, I’ll give you one (also imaginary) evil inflicted by the same. All God’s chillun are doin’ his will!

13. Coatsy
    August 29th, 2006 @ 3:33 am

Doesn’t mean anyone should “care” about what I think or do.

So suddenly, the idea that everyone’s opinion is valid is thrown out the window, because you liken the people to animals. Obviously, you do not view this man as human. I’ve got news for you:

He was.

14. Rocketman
    August 29th, 2006 @ 3:21 pm

Coatsy is correct.

The man was not a rabid dog.

He was a human being. One who did things that were wrong and for that he should have been locked up for life.’

The family of the victim i strangely find myself having less and less sympathy for as the story unfolds.

Perhaps it would have given them more peace if he had been slowly boiled in oil first and then excuted.

Of course some of you would probably buy popcorn and rub your nipples to the televised version of that on pay per fucking view-and will I’m sure crow loudly about how you feel damn fine with that idea.

Just remember that your definiton of human can also apply to your sick fucking asses too.

But then again this is the internet where we get the actual scum of the psyche spewing out with no inhibitions.

Just so you know–it is okay to feel that the death of anyone is a bad thing. And you motherfucking cunts should be pissed on for even attempting to make Coastsy feel like he is in the wrong-you limited defective bunch of saprophyte cock chugging fecal stains.

15. Thorngod
    August 29th, 2006 @ 4:11 pm

Damned well said, Rocketman, and I heartily concur.

16. Drusilla
    August 31st, 2006 @ 4:52 pm

Thorngod –

Just saw your response. Have been and still am recovering from an infection. We’ll continue this at some future point.

17. Godthorn
    September 10th, 2006 @ 1:39 am

It’s ten days now. I hope your god did not inflict you with a terminal dose.