Out of Mind, Out of Mind

May 4, 2006 | 14 Comments

Viole, it appears to me, given the number of comments we’re seeing posted lately, that the site is in its death throes. I used to check in every day, but with the new FreeRepublic format I find myself going for days without even thinking about the place.

Hermesten, comment to You

Comments

14 Responses to “Out of Mind, Out of Mind”

1. Viole
    May 4th, 2006 @ 6:19 pm

Well, you know how it is, Herm. Single-issue Republicans like RA are like walking corpses; their brains aren’t functioning, their verbal abilities are all but non-existent, and they like eating babies. It shouldn’t be a surprise to any of us that their blogs mirror the rest of their existence.

But hey, I shouldn’t be insulting. The next thing you know, he’ll be complaining about all us angry atheists, satan worshippers all. Besides, he’ll probably report me to the authorities for thought-crimes.

2. DP
    May 4th, 2006 @ 7:39 pm

I guess no one wants to accept the possibility that RA might just honestly oppose abortion as a matter of personal morality, and that someone could hold that position without necessarily being either a fundamentalist or a Fascist. Is he really the one who is close-minded? Honestly, what is so hard to accept about a person believing that abortion is murder? Is your worldview so fragile that you can’t accept an opposing viewpoint? Are you not friendly with people who disagree with you about the death penalty? Legalizing marijuana? Or, more to the point, churchgoers? You come to this site because you agree with RA’s views about religion. If you can’t stomach his opinions about abortion, why not ignore them? Or respectfully argue your opposing view? What impels you to start accusing your host of being a “walking corpse”?

3. Choobus
    May 4th, 2006 @ 7:53 pm

DP, does that stand for double penetration?

4. Solidus
    May 5th, 2006 @ 3:36 am

I would like to think the RA would come to his senses and start raving about something other than abortion. wtf is he going to shut up about it? Seriously, the amount of respect I have for his views on abortion is of no importance. What is important is the respect I have for what used to be the reason that 50% of my family visited this site everyday, and now I, 1 of 3 previously daily visitors, visit every few days, and usually i go right to the boards because the rave is lame.

5. hermesten
    May 5th, 2006 @ 3:23 pm

Who said that RA doesn’t honestly hold his position on abortion? The post this comment was in reference to was about how wonderful the Republicans are.

I respect people who take the position that abortion is murder, have the courage of their convictions, and want to treat aborting doctors and mothers as premeditated murderers. So far as I know, RA has not declared his position on how abortion should be treated under the law. So at this point, I don’t know whether or not his life begins at conception position is worthy of respect.

6. SBW
    May 8th, 2006 @ 11:08 pm

Hmmm……maybe RA should invite a few more non-Atheists such as myself to make guest posts.

Nothing brings Atheists together more than bashing non-Atheists.

7. Solidus
    May 13th, 2006 @ 12:39 am

I am boycotting commenting on the UA posts from now on, I’m only commenting on the RA posts. I made my one UA post that really means anything, no use in constantly reposting.

8. Gathercole
    May 13th, 2006 @ 1:45 am

Good idea, Solidus. I’ll join your boycott. Why won’t RA just answer the question about the law? Honestly, it’s the same things theists do – la, la, la, can’t hear you, not responding to your questions.

9. pete
    May 13th, 2006 @ 12:04 pm

I’m a new subscriber to this blog so forgive me…I thought it was about Atheism. Why does all the posting recently revolve around abortion? And why is it all so anti-choice? Does anyone want to assure me it gets better or should I just stop wasting my time and unsubscribe?

10. Solidus
    May 13th, 2006 @ 12:38 pm

It used to be pretty good. The ayn rand post and the one after it werent to bad. Maybe the RA had either a child or an abortion recently. Hopefully it gets better once again.

11. Liquidus
    May 18th, 2006 @ 10:32 pm

STOP THE SPAM!

12. O'Henry
    May 25th, 2006 @ 8:56 pm

So heartwarming to see “open minded, intelligent, superior beings” such as the raving atheists turn on each other the second one dares to step out of line and dare think for himself or “”””GASP””””” have an opposing viewpoint. Isn’t that what y’all accuse the Christians of? Keep badgering him boys, you’re bound to convert and save him if you simply pound at it long enough. Even the Native Americans finally gave in and stopped worshipping those pagan symbols. He’ll eventually see the light. LOL

13. O'Henry