Self Identification

April 14, 2006 | 14 Comments

I identify as a Christian . . . a lot of our text is full of concubines and de-virginizing young girls and multiple wives and incest and gang-bangs and eating feces and chopping up babies and nakedness and hot hot sex and whatnot.

Jill of Feministe

Comments

14 Responses to “Self Identification”

1. Mister Swill
    April 14th, 2006 @ 1:46 pm

Ha ha. I get it. Jill accuses The Raving Atheist of misrepresentation, so he features her in “quote of the day” by turning this:

Now, look, I identify as a Christian and there are certainly many parts of the Bible and its subsequent interpretations that do reflect such a respect. But a lot of our text is full of concubines and de-virginizing young girls and multiple wives and incest and gang-bangs and eating feces and chopping up babies and nakedness and hot hot sex and whatnot. It’s sordid.

Into this:

I identify as a Christian … a lot of our text is full of concubines and de-virginizing young girls and multiple wives and incest and gang-bangs and eating feces and chopping up babies and nakedness and hot hot sex and whatnot.

Ha! What a zany twist! The Age of Irony has not left RA behind.*

I think the site needs a new name and heading. Here’s my recommendation: “The Wacky Atheist: An Atheistic Examination of How Everything is a Big Fucking Joke. Except For the Sacred Life of Zygotes, Which is Very, Very Serious.”

*Okay, it is kind of funny. I admit it.

2. Chris Treborn
    April 14th, 2006 @ 9:08 pm

This is a typical atheist tactic: misquote someone who is making a point you just can’t refute. Well done, NOT.

3. Mister Swill
    April 14th, 2006 @ 10:13 pm

Ooh, that reminds me. Vote for Jesse Card!

4. Chris Treborn
    April 15th, 2006 @ 12:48 am

slow clap for the swilster. What a genius he is NOT.

5. Tom
    April 15th, 2006 @ 2:57 am

Clap. Clap. Clap. Clap clap. Clap clap clap. Clap clap clap clap. Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap…

Lovin’ you, Chris, you no-handed wonder!

6. Tom
    April 15th, 2006 @ 3:02 am

Chris, seriously, you wacky Wiccan, do you troll on Christian sites under the name “Eve O’Lution”? You oughta!

7. Mister Swill
    April 15th, 2006 @ 3:17 am

Yeah, yeah, I know. Jesse Card made like one comment ever and then whoever has been making the “Chris Treborn” posts hijacked the name “Jesse Card” in order to try to get deleted the comments in which he tipped his hand and I realized that “Chris Treborn” was a hoax. Whatever.

Look, you tricked me. You tricked a bunch of people. A couple of people figured it was a hoax right away but you strung the rest of us along for a good while. And I still have no idea who you are. So, congratulations. It was a successful ruse. But every good ruse must end. Otherwise it becomes a “Lucy Muff”-style irritation.

8. Chris Treborn
    April 15th, 2006 @ 1:31 pm

What is wrong with you people? Anyone you don’t like is an idiot. Anyone you don’t like but whose arguments you can’t handle must be a troll. Whatever. Try adressing the arguments instead of snarky comments and outright rudeness.

9. Mister Swill
    April 15th, 2006 @ 1:53 pm

Seriously, dude. I’m calling you out. It was a cute ruse but it’s time for it to end. Making up a theist character with contradictory opinions doesn’t prove anything about theists. All it proves is that you can create a character and convince others that it’s real. Good for you. Write a screenplay or something.

Meanwhile, if “Chris Treborn” wants to convince me of his existence, he should do so over e-mail. Me at Mister Swill dot com. And don’t forget to spell out “mister.”

10. Chris Treborn
    April 15th, 2006 @ 2:10 pm

swill, why on earth would I go out of my way to convince you of anything? I care nothing for your opinion of me. You may think whatever you like, it’s not something that bothers me one way or another. It’s kind of pathetic how you always seek to dismiss people who you can’t bully. You’re no different from Choobus or jahrta, just not quite as rude.

11. Facehammer
    April 15th, 2006 @ 6:04 pm

Just like you do?

12. benjamin
    April 17th, 2006 @ 4:56 pm

I assume this quote is to show Jill how bad she could be made to look if that was RA’s intention. The fact of the matter is that she makes herself look almost as bad just by being her own inconsistent self. Very funny stuff RA. Good job.

13. Chris Treborn
    April 19th, 2006 @ 2:22 am

Facehammer, you sir, are a fool.

I have seen sillyboy fudge ridicule me in the forums (or try to). What a fool.

I have also seen facejerker try the same thing. Nice try doofus, but not cigar for you.

jahrta and choobus are beneath my contempt, so screw those fools. the rst,
    I am done with RA, this is a place for ignorance and hatred of knowledge goodbye. I pray for you, but
    i hope you go to hell

14. Rob
    April 19th, 2006 @ 3:39 am

Good bye, Chris Treborn. Everything that you accuse us of fits you perfectly. There have been Christians that pose decent, intelligent arguments in RA, both in the forums and the commentary, but you have not been one of them.