Buh Bye

January 21, 2006 | 8 Comments

Atheist blogger Lauren of Feministe sings her swan song, leaving the site in the capable Christian hands of Jill. Hopefully, Lauren will fill the blog-shaped hole in her heart by leaving post-sized comments on Jill’s entries and trolling elsewhere. If not her voice will be missed — I know that nothing was more important to me than her opinion.

Comments

8 Responses to “Buh Bye”

1. Pixie
    January 21st, 2006 @ 4:23 pm

Then why do you sound so sarcastic?

2. The Raving Atheist
    January 21st, 2006 @ 4:46 pm

Pixie, I am quite sincere when I say that nothing meant more to me than her opinion.

3. graemea
    January 21st, 2006 @ 5:36 pm

Hmmm, that’s what jill looks like. She’s hot

4. Erik
    January 21st, 2006 @ 5:45 pm

Cute, RA. Is that kinda like an employment reference that says “I can’t recommend [applicant] highly enough for this job”?

5. ts
    January 21st, 2006 @ 7:59 pm

Or the on that says “You’ll be real lucky to get him to work for you”?

6. ts
    January 21st, 2006 @ 8:03 pm

The RA was ragging on her for moaning about the time and energy it takes to blog.

And thinking her opinion mattered.

7. sternwallow
    January 23rd, 2006 @ 2:18 am

“Applicant is like no other employee in my experience.”

“Applicant has very consistent work habits and religiously keeps track of all time spent on behalf of the company. His ability to discriminate seconds and parts thereof becomes phenomenal around Five PM.”

“This applicant has won particular recognition for his cunning in selecting venues for conducting his work uninterrupted and without interference from zealous supervisors, coworkers or clients. His powers of problem solving via periods of protracted silent contemplation are noteworthy.”

“This applicant is the sole support for two aging parents and a major support for several local spiritual purveyors and probability merchants.”

“His grasp of business ethics is without parallel and he uses this hard-won wisdom to his best advantage.”

“He is a wonder to all who know him.”

8. Jill
    January 24th, 2006 @ 9:48 am

Damn, I thought I destroyed that picture…