Insanity

October 2, 2005 | 8 Comments

How is criticizing and attacking insanity any better than being attacked for a lack of insanity?

Asked by The Raving Atheist, in comment to The Raving Atheist

Comments

8 Responses to “Insanity”

1. RavingGayMan
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 1:08 pm

I have an electrical engineer in bed with me as we speak, and although we were engaged in incredible sodomy, I have to stop our homosexual adventure to annihilate the Raving Atheist.

You are stupid.

Done.

Wait, I know the Raving Atheist probably has a lot of insecurities and has low self-esteem; he will most likely deny that he is stupid. I guess I’m going to actually have to lay out a coherant argument for him, even though he never gives his readers that kind of luxury.

Okay. Brace yourself for my dissertation.

You are really stupid.

Your question does not make any sense at all. Your question seems to imply that attacking people for a lack of insanity is something that is rampant in society. I guess you are making a tongue in cheek comment that chastises the people that oppose the criticism of insanity, when they themselves criticize the lack of insanity.

I guess you’re trying to call said people hypocrits.

You are an idiot.

That’s not hypocritical at all. First of all, criticizing the lack of insanity makes no sense. Why would anyone do it. In fact, criticizing the lack of insanity is in of itself insane. There is nothing wrong with being sane. In being sane you are self-aware of your perceptions and the world around you.

Although both concepts, attackign insanity, and being attacked for a lack of insanity, are quite ridiculous, you have to understand, you moron, that one is nonsense and one is something we should be genuinely opposed to.

Attacking insanity is of course quite irresponsible. We should commiserate with the insane as they have been sundered from their faculty. We should extend some sympathy their way, comforting them and learning how to cure them.

Attacking the lack of insanity… doesnt really hurt anyone. That would imply you like insanity. To each his own I guess. But whoever suscribes to this concept is pretty much an idiot. Like the Raving Atheist.

Okay. My electrical engineer is threatening to drop out of his program and go into civil engineering. Dear god no. I’m going back to bed with him.

2. a different tim
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 2:19 pm

Nope. He’s just substituted “insanity” for faith. I’m guessing this is because he finds faith insane.

Although I am, it has to be said, less interested in the ongoing feud with feministe than other issues. You know that the Kansas trial (where parents are challenging the right of a state to say ID must be taught in the science curriculum) is being held RIGHT THIS MOMENT? You realise it will, if it goes the creationists’ way, make American education a bigger laughing stock than the Scopes monkey trial and give religious conservatives a get-in to start teaching biblical literalism? You wouldn’t know it here.

RA, I love you (platonically) but I really think you should get with the programme here and lay off the feminist blogs for a bit. This is important. I’ll email if this doesn’t get picked up….

Are electrical engineers a better lay than steelworkers, RGM?

3. PanAtheist
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 3:17 pm

“Theists” use “faith” in place of “insanity”.

RA has just put it back.

And, well said, RA.

4. Anonymous
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 4:05 pm

I agree with a different tim. We should just let this “faithful”/insane feministe go. I don’t see anything special about her that she needs this much attention.

5. RavingGayMan
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 5:38 pm

Absolutely nothing can compare to the monkey jungle sex the steel workers of America can offer to a gay man.

Steel workers are drop dead gorgeous and muscular as hell.

However, I need financial security. My hubby is a fourth year electrical engineering student and is projected to earn $40,000 canadian once he graduates. Sorry Hamilton steel worker, but it looks like I’m taken.

6. leon
    October 2nd, 2005 @ 7:15 pm

If you scream and rant at yourself in the mirror you can do both at the same FUCKING TIME! THEN …er…then attacking and being attacked will be equal.

7. Alex
    October 3rd, 2005 @ 10:19 am

I really must say this question is fucking stupid, and not really in the mood to sit here blabbering some ‘philosiphical’ shit to try and seem smart. Fuck you RA…

8. Oh_My_God
    October 3rd, 2005 @ 7:39 pm

This comment got a chuckle out of me. Nicely put, RA.

As for Alex, I believe a village is missing their idiot…