Last Chance

July 23, 2005 | 14 Comments

The God Who Wasn’t There needs jsut a few more fans to push its box office over the $18 billion mark. Today is your last chance to see it on the big screen in New York. The Raving Atheist will be there, taking attendance, seeing who’s naughty and who’s nice. No guarantee, but wild orgies sometimes break out as the closing credits roll. Here’s the info:

Tonight, July 23, 2005 7:00pm

Address: 59E59 St. Theater
59 E. 59th Street

NOTE: Tickets sold IN ADVANCE ONLY. Must call 212-279-4200 to get tickets!

Comments

14 Responses to “Last Chance”

1. glenstonecottage
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 11:49 am

Theists in the news- JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — The state suspended the licenses of two church-affiliated day care centers where children allegedly were sexually molested, forced to eat worms and pick each other’s noses during employee-led games of “Truth or Dare.”

The former director of the Kid’s Palace centers and one employee have been charged, and the investigation is continuing.

The former director of the day care centers, Joshua Palin, 25, has been charged with molesting 10 children, some of them during what investigators said were twisted games of Truth or Dare. He is the son of the affiliated church’s pastor.

Palin was charged last month with molesting two girls, ages 12 and 13, and more charges were added this week after Clay County sheriff’s investigators interviewed children at the child care centers.

Palin is charged with “daring” children age 5 to 14 to fondle him or each other or to perform oral sex on each other over a one-year span ending last month.

The centers, which were licensed for 176 children, were operated by Faith Ministries. The church did not return calls Friday or earlier in the week. The church closed the day care centers June 15, but they could have been reopened without the license suspensions.

2. vjack
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 12:00 pm

Something tells me they won’t be showing it in Mississippi. I’ll just have to console myself with buying the DVD as soon as it is released.

3. Xianghong
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 12:17 pm

Any chance of it showing outside of the US? Say Asia?

4. Xianghong
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 12:18 pm

I promise I’ll camp overnight outside the theater like a rabid Star Wars fan if that happens!

5. rev_holy_fire
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 7:11 pm

Don’t see this rubbish. You will suffer for eternity!!!!!

6. rev_holy_fire
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 7:12 pm

Get thee to church this weekend.

7. Snap Crafter
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 10:01 pm

Oh my god, ye of holy fire! I repent, for surely your word taken at face value is all I need! Too bad I already bought the stupid dvd, I’ll just have to burn it when it gets here. Do dvd’s burn well?

8. simbol
    July 23rd, 2005 @ 10:10 pm

Rev

You smell like a prankster. If so, we will have two of them. wellcome!!

9. Crackerus Dadderus
    July 24th, 2005 @ 1:43 am

Christians will suffer for eternity – PRAISE ALLAH!

10. Mijae
    July 24th, 2005 @ 3:56 am

Don’t worry about us, Rev, you better listen to Crackerus. What part of “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammed is his prophet” don’t you understand? Get thee out of that rubbish Christian church or YOU’LL be the one to suffer! :P

11. Rufus
    July 24th, 2005 @ 11:37 am

Vjack, what are you waiting for??? The DVD has been out for weeks: http://www.thegodmovie.com/dvd.php

12. Jennifer
    July 24th, 2005 @ 2:03 pm

After i posted I saw it and orderred it. I still want action figures.

13. Hank Fox
    July 27th, 2005 @ 2:46 am

I ordered the thing from Amazon. I wasn’t clear on whether it was out or not, but Amazon seemed to say that they would ship it immediately. There’s a music CD you can order too, and I’m getting that also.

Can’t wait to get it.

14. Hip Liz
    July 30th, 2005 @ 4:25 pm

Man, if I show something like that in the house my wife will divorce me.

Oh, hey … waitaminnit …