The Nigerian Scam Meets the Raving Atheist (Part III)

April 29, 2003 | 32 Comments

Recap: In previous correspondence (see e-mails 1-8, here, and 9-11, here), a Nigerian con artist — motivated by the prospect of a $275,000 payday — has answered a bewildering number of theological inquiries posed to him by the Raving Atheist (who he believes to be the controller of a multi-million dollar Christian publishing house). He’s even selected the shell corporations that are going to transfer him the funds, unaware that the names came from The Raving Atheist’s blogroll. This week, he answers questions posed by the chosen bloggers. And gets a rather rude shock.

Part 12: Is There a Doggy Heaven?

That’s the question Laurence Simon of Amish Tech Support (one of the winners of The Raving Atheist’s Nigerian Scam Blog-Name Shell Corporation Contest) had me ask Dr. Ntha Poor Vicky of Liquid Courage also won, but I did not press her for a question because she was recuperating from a Rottweiler’s attack on her face. However, as a tribute to her plight I asked if there was a doggy hell, too.

Subj: Re: URGENT RESPONSE
Date: 4/23/2003 6:53:33 PM Eastern Standard Time
From: GreerJared
To: akpuntha@xyz.com
CC: Raving Atheist, RavingIndustries

In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ

Dear Brother Ntha,

I trust you had a joyous Easter. Because of matters postponed for the holiday celebrations, I was unable to respond to your e-mail until today.

I have submitted your choice of corporations to our legal department. I am advised that the incorporation process should be completed by Monday, 28 April 2003, but possibly this Friday if the Registrar does not have a backlog. All three names will be registered, but most likely Tech Support will be the company actually utilized.

As I advised you in our earlier correspondence, the transfer should occur, pending a favorable exchange rate, between 28 April to 2 May 2003. Mr. Ravinga has directed me to wire the funds to a coded accounts in Canton Appenzell Rhode Ext

Comments

32 Responses to “The Nigerian Scam Meets the Raving Atheist (Part III)”

1. Tom
    April 30th, 2003 @ 12:17 am

You evil, evil little man. Taking the Name and Honor of the Lord Their Ghod in vain this way.

Un
    Fewking
    Believable!

We’re not worthy!

Tom

2. anton
    April 30th, 2003 @ 5:29 am

Classic, RA. You’ve played him well. I think he’ll show his true colours now though…

Can’t wait for the next installment!

3. Jack Cluth
    April 30th, 2003 @ 6:58 am

Well done! I am honored to be associated, in even the smallest of ways, with such brilliance. I am not worthy…. ;0)

4. The People's Republic of Seabrook
    April 30th, 2003 @ 7:09 am

Fun with Nigerian scam artists

The Nigerian Scam Meets the Raving Atheist (Part III) Last week, TRA asked me to submit a theological question for his ongoing correspondence with the Nigerian con artist who thinks he’s about to come into a large sum of money. Today, my question- “Is …

5. The People's Republic of Seabrook

Fun with Nigerian scam artists

9. The People's Republic of Seabrook
    April 30th, 2003 @ 7:09 am

Fun with Nigerian scam artists

10. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

I almost feel sorry for the poor man, but then I remember…he’s a Nigerian Scam artist!

11. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

12. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

13. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

14. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

15. "aussie"Nick
    April 30th, 2003 @ 9:28 am

16. Kel
    April 30th, 2003 @ 10:54 am

I cannot wait to see his response. Can the illustrious rise to the challenge? Stay tuned for the further adventures of the amazing Dr. Ntha!

17. Amish Tech Support
    April 30th, 2003 @ 12:23 pm

All my doubts have been eased

Raving Atheist gets a Nigerian spammer to answer the question that’s haunted me all this years… Is there a Doggy Heaven?…

18. Eva
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:32 pm

oh boy….this is just amazing…i can’t wait for next week’s episode…fuck jr and whoever shot him…this is sooo much better…

19. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

Brother Ntha is a scam artist, but you have to give him points for being an extremely well versed scam artist. Even after reminding myself of the old maxim that there’s few things easier to fake than religion, I’m impressed by how well he’s keeping up the facade.

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

I am a bit disappointed in the lack of a complete disavowal and condemnation to voodoo, but that’s the director in me talking.

Of course, he does lose all his points for being scammed through his own scam. And only for the purpose of entertainment, at that!

20. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

21. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

22. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

23. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

24. Kafkaesqu
    April 30th, 2003 @ 1:49 pm

(Or is it a facade? Hmm…)

25. Jeff B
    May 1st, 2003 @ 6:14 pm

This is good. I don’t know how many of those spam scam letters I used to get per day. Maybe that’s why I don’t get them anymore, they thought they’d finally found a sucker! Keep up the good work. Are you going to refer him to someone else???

26. Amish Tech Support
    May 8th, 2003 @ 9:40 am

Slipping the surly bonds of Earth and touching the face of dog…

Frank J. of IMAO answers the age-old question “Is there a Doggy Heaven?” The Raving Atheist’s Nigerian Spammer answered this question a few days ago. What’s your answer?…

27. Hobo Joe
    May 9th, 2003 @ 12:07 pm

I do’t know which will be funnier, An outburst of profanity, or “bible verses” on paying him his money maybe both at once

28. The Raving Atheist
    May 21st, 2003 @ 10:27 am

The Nigerian Scam Meets the Raving Atheist (Part V)

Recap: In previous correspondence (see e-mails 1-8, here, 9-11, here, 12-21, here and 22-30, here), a Nigerian con artist — motivated by the promise of a $275,000 payday — has answered a bewildering number of theological inquiries posed to him…

29. Acanty